National government relations firm with federal, state, and public affairs capabilities creates Cornerstone Energy Solutions
(WASHINGTON, D.C.) – Cornerstone Government Affairs, a leading bipartisan government affairs firm with a federal and state reach and public affairs capabilities, will expand client services to include strategic advisory services and business consulting through the launch of Cornerstone Energy Solutions. Included in the service offerings will be environmental, social and governance (ESG) management.
Cornerstone has hired six senior professionals out of Houston, Texas and Denver, Colorado to lead the effort:
- Jack Belcher, with over 25 years of experience in energy and energy policy;
- Paul Looney, with expertise in areas including state and federal permitting and regulatory compliance and ESG compliance;
- Greg Hopper, who is an energy markets expert with a focus on natural gas, power and LNG infrastructure development, regulation and financing;
- Link Browder, who has over 20 years of experience and will be providing counsel focusing on oil and gas, energy production and transmission, water-related infrastructure development and natural resources issues;
- Alanna Fishman, who has experience in energy markets and is a subject matter expert on sustainability and ESG strategic planning and management; and
- Brent Greenfield, who is an energy industry expert and will be providing research, analysis, strategic policy and management guidance and communications support across the upstream, midstream and downstream segments of the energy industry.
“The creation of Cornerstone Energy Solutions is an exciting and potentially transformational development for our business and our clients. It allows us the opportunity to offer clients a broader, more diverse and distinct set of high quality, integrated services,” said Geoff Gonella, the firm’s President and Managing Director. “We couldn’t be more pleased with the group of highly respected professionals that are joining our team and leading this new endeavor. They are tremendous.”
The launch of Cornerstone Energy Solutions marks the fourth diversification strategy for the company. In 2008, Cornerstone launched its first state office, which has since expanded into nine state offices. In 2017, the firm launched Cornerstone Public Affairs, which integrated public relations offerings to their existing services.
“We are thrilled to be joining the talented team of professionals at Cornerstone and look forward to expanding our energy practice,” said Jack Belcher, Senior Vice President for Cornerstone Energy Solutions. “It is truly an exciting and challenging time in the energy business. Cornerstone Energy Solutions offers energy companies tailored strategic services to meet their needs and help them excel.”
“One of Cornerstone’s exciting new client service offerings includes Environmental Social Governance (ESG) risk mitigation support,” said Cornerstone Energy Solutions Vice President, Alanna Fishman. “ESG has become a critical component for how companies across industry verticals incorporate and value sustainability factors in their enterprise risk management strategies. ESG metrics are empirically proven to have significant financial and market value—for this reason, Cornerstone is now enabled to support our client’s goals to interact and operate in this space.”
Cornerstone Government Affairs, Inc. is a full-service, bipartisan public affairs firm with 70+ professionals and offices in Washington, DC, Annapolis, MD, Atlanta, GA, Austin, TX, Baton Rouge, LA, Chicago, IL, Des Moines, IA, Houston, TX, Jackson, MS, and Springfield, IL. Cornerstone represents a diverse group of clients from myriad industries and sectors, and maintains expertise in a wide range of issue areas, including agriculture, cyber security, defense, education, energy, health, homeland security, international affairs, tax policy, telecommunications, and transportation and infrastructure. For more information, please visit Cornerstone’s website at www.cgagroup.com.