Cornerstone Government Affairs, based in Washington, D.C., is one of the nation’s leading government relations and consulting firms. Founded in 2002, Cornerstone has 75 professionals across its 10 offices. In 2017, the firm founded a national public affairs practice, based in Des Moines, Iowa. Cornerstone Public Affairs has experienced strong and steady growth since its inception and is excited to announce the creation of two key professional positions.
Cornerstone Public Affairs seeks a full-time, team-oriented Communications Associate to support senior staff professionals with content creation activities. The candidate should be capable of managing multiple projects while consistently delivering superior written products. Strategic thinking and demonstrated success working within short deadlines is required. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Writing, editing and producing on a wide variety of issues. Copy will include: press releases, social media posts, memos, newsletters and executive briefings;
- Preparing and executing earned and paid media campaigns on multiple social media platforms and mediums;
- Ability to research, disseminate and translate complex and technical information into consumable, relatable and crisp, sharable content.
- Ability to edit and offer improvements to client communications; and
- Assisting with special event management.
The ideal candidate for the Communications Associate position will hold a Bachelor’s degree, a strong interest and understanding of current affairs and is an excellent communicator. Command of the written word is essential. Design capabilities are preferred not but required. Successful candidates will have a confident and professional bearing with skills necessary to interact with high-level business and public policy leaders.
Creative Content Associate
Cornerstone Public Affairs seeks a full-time, team-oriented Creative Associate to support senior staff professionals with content creation activities. The candidate should be capable of social, digital, and creative content development and management. A thorough understanding of ground-up digital strategy is strongly preferred. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Digital strategy creation and implementation;
- Graphic design creation (including infographics);
- Social media account management;
- Professional experience designing creative content using Adobe Creative Cloud, including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. A portfolio of design work should be submitted upon application;
- Management of websites, email programs, and digital organizing programs; and
- Ability to enhance and strengthen clients’ current brand and efforts through digital platforms.
The ideal candidate for the Creative Content Associate position has a bachelor’s degree, a strong interest in public affairs and has previous experience with digital graphic creation, photography/videography experience, and social media account management. The ability to work well within a team is an absolute necessity.
For both positions competitive compensation and benefits packages available. Positions will be based in Des Moines, Iowa. To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and portfolio of design work (if applicable) to email@example.com.