Providing strategic advice and practical assistance to create opportunities and develop solutions in the highly dynamic homeland security space.
Cornerstone Government Affairs represents a broad spectrum of homeland security clients—from young startup companies with innovative security solutions to mature systems integrators seeking to diversify and expand their homeland security market. The homeland security team has considerable experience in the federal budget and appropriations process and is led by the first staff director of the House Appropriations Subcommittee on Homeland Security. The team also has diverse and balanced experience across all homeland defense sectors, including federal law enforcement, border security, immigration reform, and information technology. Services include insight and analysis into programs and operations of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and strategies to optimize homeland security objectives across all levels and branches of government. Homeland Security remains one of the more dynamic markets. With the assistance of the Cornerstone team, clients continue to see steady and stable progress in meeting their homeland security objectives.
Primary Services Offered
- Strategic counsel and tactical advice
- Intelligence gathering, issue monitoring, and policy analysis
- Relationship building and political brand management
- Design and implementation of government relations and lobbying campaigns to secure measurable legislative and administrative results
- Message and materials development
- Legislative drafting
- Political consulting
- Boeing, Chicago, IL
- Covenant Aviation, Bolingbrook, IL
- Forensic Technology, Côte St-Luc, CA
- General Dynamics, Falls Church, VA
- Global Business Travel Association, Alexandria, VA
- Honeywell, Washington, D.C.
- Hunt Companies, Inc., El Paso, TX
- Microsoft Corporation, Redmond, WA
- RTI International, Research Park Triangle, NC
- Savantage Solutions, Rockville, MD
Cornerstone Government Affairs, working in partnership with our homeland security related clients, has assisted in:
- Gaining support for the expansion of ballistics imaging technology along the South West border, including a set aside of $20,000,000 for the deployment of next generation systems,
- Preparing a successful bid on a multi-year, multi-million dollar security project along the South West border,
- Identifying grant opportunities within the DHS,
- Securing legislative language to direct the development of operational protocols for ballistics information sharing between the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS),
- Identifying and introducing potential business partners,
- Positioning organizations to effectively respond to competitive funding opportunities, and
- Securing report language in the Homeland Security appropriations bills to require Customs and Border Protection to process seized guns through the National Integrated Ballistics Imaging Network.