Providing strategic advice and practical assistance in navigating the highly dynamic international affairs sector.
Cornerstone Government Affairs has significant expertise and experience in international affairs. Our professionals have represented a broad array of clients including non-governmental organizations, foreign governments, major foundations, issue advocacy groups, corporations and international organizations. Our team is led by a former subcommittee staff director and senior professional staff on congressional committees with over 25 years’ experience on Capitol Hill working on foreign aid issues. The team's work is augmented by the diverse set of subject matter experts from all other practice groups at Cornerstone with particular emphasis in the agriculture, defense, energy and health sectors.
Primary Services Offered
- Strategic counsel and tactical advice
- Intelligence gathering, issue monitoring, and policy analysis
- Relationship building and brand management
- Design and implementation of government relations and lobbying campaigns to secure measurable legislative and administrative results
- Message and materials development
- Legislative drafting
- Political consulting
- Better World Campaign, New York, NY
- Boeing, Chicago, IL
- Expo 2023, Minneapolis, MN
- Friends of Global Fight, Washington, D.C.
- Global Crop Diversity Trust, Rome, Italy
- NIKE, Inc., Beaverton, OR
- RTI International, Research Park Triangle, NC
Cornerstone Government Affairs, working in partnership with our international affairs related clients, has:
- Assisted in the enactment of a five year authorization and securing subsequent annual appropriations for a US contribution to a newly established international organization,
- Assisted a foreign biotechnology company secure a significant NIH contract,
- Secured the passage of legislation establishing a grant making Foundation as a separate entity eligible for direct appropriations,
- Monitored developments in the foreign aid arena for a major US based donor Foundation,
- Assisted a foreign telecommunications company win approval for a domestic acquisition,
- Secured funding increases for AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria programs for the primary international fund organized for that purpose,
- Secured funding increases and legislative provisions for United Nations programs on behalf of a foundation which focuses on multilateral programs,
- Monitored appropriations developments and conducted stakeholder briefings with USAID, USDA and Congressional staff in support of a global development account,
- Mounted a large-scale education and lobbying campaign to increase the professional visas allocated to a strategic ally and FTA partner,
- Secured funding for community assistance programs in war torn countries on behalf of an implementing non-governmental organization, and
- Assisted a domestic financial services firm secure Foreign Direct Investment status in another country.